Research shows that students who are successful in their collegiate or university setting feel satisfied with their choice of school for a wide variety of reasons. Beyond coursework and an eventual degree, factors such as the following can make a dramatic impact on student success and well being:
- Campus Setting
- Religious Focus of a School (or Lack of One)
- Political Views of School or Student Body
- Natural Beauty of School
- Amenities and Extracurricular Options
- Clubs and Student Groups
- Ability to Fund Course of Study
- Support Services
- And More
Here at CollegeRank, we understand that students of today are looking for “the whole package.”
Your hard earned money and hard to come by time are going towards a degree. So shouldn’t your time pursuing that degree be special?
To that aim we’ve conducted a wide range of original research about elements of the college and graduate school experience that support your time in school. These elements may not directly influence the degree you gain. But they do matter for your satisfaction with your degree program, your quality of life, and your success at school.
Some of our most popular features and original research may be found below. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Be sure to contact us, or check out our rankings page for more help in discerning the right college for you!
Best Campus Features
Whether you’re living on campus for 5 years, you occasionally visit for special events, or you just interface with support services online, a quality campus can greatly enhance your time in university. We’ve seen this firsthand through years of research at CollegeRank. Below are some of our original research features looking at the most superlative campuses in America and around the world.
- The 50 Most Beautiful Campus Quads
- The 35 Best College Farms
- The 35 Most Beautiful College Churches and Chapels
- The 20 Most Pet-Friendly College Campuses
- The 25 Best College Theaters
- The 25 Best Student Unions
- The 30 Best College Pools
- The 30 Most Beautiful College Arboretums
- The 35 Best College Astronomy Observatories
- The 35 Most Luxurious Student Recreation Centers
- The 50 Best College Dining Experiences
- The 50 Best College Hotels
- The 50 Most Amazing College Libraries
- The 50 Most Amazing College Museums
- The 25 Best College Campus Hospitals
Features on Collegiate Student Support
Sometimes (even most of the time), students need support beyond the classroom. Support can come in many forms. From child care, to counseling, to a range of events or a feeling of community. And university’s know that these support services don’t just work by happenstance. It takes hard work, planning, and dedication for a university to enact quality support services. Because support can be such an important part of a student’s collegiate success, we’ve written guides on a number of the best ways a university can be supportive. Check them out below.
- The 25 Best Colleges For Working Students
- The 25 Best Study Abroad Programs
- Best College Alumni Networks
- LGBTQ Resource Guide for College Students
- How America’s Colleges Could Be Tuition Free
What Every College Student Should Know
College is an exciting experience filled with many life lessons beyond what is taught in the classroom. Those of us who are beyond our college years sometimes look back and wish we had known more about navigating college life. We have compiled some helpful articles about the many things college students should know to help them through the day-to-day aspects of college and, in some cases, beyond and into life in the real world.
- What Every College Student Should Know About Finances Part 1: Choosing and Paying for College
- What Every College Student Should Know About Finances Part 2: Financial Concepts
- What Every College Student Should Know About Finances Part 3: Spending Your College Money
- What Every College Student Should Know About Finances Part 4: Legal Concerns
College isn’t all serious. It’s about exploring your interests, having a good time, and gaining a truly collegiate experience that will help to form who you are for the rest of your life. We get that at CollegeRank, and have prepared a number of more “fun” guides or guides on specialty interests. Check out a few of those below.
- 25 Must Follow Pinterest Accounts For College Students
- The 10 Best TED Talks Every Potential College Student Should Watch
- 20 Great Tips for Students to Manage Their Money
- Should College Athletes Receive Pay?
Related Resource: 35 Top Bachelor’s in Accounting Degrees